Nationwide protests following the murder of Gina Amini started in Saqqez and Sanandaj on 26 September and continued until the evening of 29 September 1401 in many cities of Iran and Kurdistan.
These mass protests started following the call of Kurdistan’s political parties and civil society for mass strikes in Kurdistan and have extended to many cities of Iran.
So far in Kurdistan, the cities of Saqqez, Sanandaj, Marivan, Diwandara, Piranshahr, Mahabad, Dehgolan, Bukan, Baneh, Kamiyaran, Bijar, Ilam, Kermanshah, Qorveh, Naqdeh, Urmia, Pav, Rabat, Sardasht, etc. have been the scene of protests.
In this report, Kordapa tried to take a look at the strikes and protests of the last three days (26-29 September) and the suppression of these protests and strikes by the government with a statistical-informational view.
According to this report;
- to be killed; 6 people in the cities of Diwandara, Saqez, Dehgolan, Urmia and Piranshahr
- the wounded; Only the names of 10 people who were transferred to the hospital of the big cities have been ascertained due to the severity of their injuries. But the number of injured is much higher.
- Detainees; The names of 37 detainees have been ascertained for Kurdpa, 11 of whom are women. The number of detainees has also increased in all cities.
The number of people killed in Shahrivar protests 1401;
Based on what Kordapa has been able to confirm so far, during the protests, six people were killed by direct fire from the security forces in the cities of Diwandara, Saqez, Urmia, Piranshahr and Dehgolan.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Mohsen Mohammadi, the son of Khalifa Massoud, died in one of the hospitals of Sanandaj due to the severity of his injuries during the protest gatherings in the city of Diwandara. His body was buried at three o’clock in the morning on 29 September without a ceremony due to the obstruction of the security institutions.
- 28 September 1401- Reza Lotfi was shot dead during the protests in Dehgolan.
- 28 September 1401- Fereydoun Mahmoudi, from Saqqez, died during the Saqqez protests. He was also buried at night without holding a ceremony due to the obstruction of the security institutions.
- 28 September 1401- Fawad al-Gadi, Abdullah’s son, was seriously injured during the protest gatherings in Diwandara city, and died three days later, today, 30 September, in Kausar Sanandaj Hospital and in the intensive care unit.
- 29 September 1401- Farjad Darvishi, 23 years old and the son of Younes, from Balu Urmia, died during a protest rally in Waliasr town of Urmia by direct fire from the security forces.
- 29 September 1401- Zakaria Khayal, a 16-year-old teenager from Piranshahr, died as a result of gunshots during protest rallies in Piranshahr.
The statistics of the wounded in Shahrivar protests 1401;
It is not possible to obtain accurate statistics of the injured because many people refuse to publish the details of the injured person in order to avoid identification and arrest. However, based on the intensity of violence in dealing with protesters and the widespread use of firearms and war weapons in some cities such as Diwandara, it is very likely that the number of injured is very high.
In this report, Kordpa has used accurate statistics as well as estimated statistics from informed sources. According to informed sources in Kordpa, hospitals and clinics are filled with security forces and personal clothes, and people cannot go there for treatment. Even the security agencies have monitored hospitals and private offices.
- 25 September 1401- Parsa Sehat, son of Hajar and Anwar, 22 years old and a hairdresser, was wounded by a bullet shot near his shop and was seriously injured in the eye and nose area and was taken to Tabriz hospital.
- 25 September 1401- Kian Derakhshan was injured in the gatherings in front of the governor’s office and was taken to Tabriz hospital due to the severity of his injuries.
- 25 September 1401- Nechirvan Maroufi was injured in the gatherings in front of the governor’s office and was taken to Tabriz hospital due to the severity of his injuries.
- 28 September 1401- Ehsan Ghafouri from Dehgolan was severely injured in the kidney area and is hospitalized in Sanandaj Hospital.
- 28 September 1401- Zana Karimi from Diwandara was injured during the protest rallies in this city and is in critical condition in Sanandaj hospital.
- 28 September 1401- Wafa Mirzaei from Dehgolan was seriously injured by a security forces bullet and due to the severity of his injuries, he will be sent to Tehran from Kausar Sanandaj Hospital.
- 28 September 1401- The wounding of a 10-year-old child (girl) in Bukan named “Dina Zahraei”, the video of which has been published in the virtual space.
- 28 September 1401- Injuring of a middle-aged woman in Mahabad, the video of which was widely published in cyberspace.
- 28 September 1401- 31-year-old Ismail Sufi Hesar was transferred to Urmia Hospital due to the severity of his injuries during the last day’s gatherings.
- 28 September 1401- Wafa Rezaei was seriously injured during the protests in Dehgolan and was taken to Sanandaj Hospital. He was transferred to Tehran hospital on 29th of September due to the severity of his injuries.
The information of the injured by the estimation of informed sources without names;
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Saqqez, on this day, more than 50 people were injured in the square (Helu) during the protests. According to an informed source, including the statistics of the last two days, the number of injured people in Saqez is 100.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Earlier Kordapa had reported that 20 people were injured in the popular protests in Mahabad city. According to an informed source, 10 of the injured have publicly referred to medical centers, but the number is much higher.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- 4 people were injured in Kamiyaran, an informed source told Kordapa that one of the injured was Idris Faizi, a resident of Kalate village and a resident of Kamiyaran.
- 28 September 1401-Baneh, between 20 and 25 people are injured. that most of the shots were fired by the assigned forces known as “Jash” and Basij and Salafi people attributed to the government.
Kordapa is trying to get the number of injured in other cities of Diwandara, Takab, Qorveh, Dehgolan, Sanandaj, etc.
The statistics of those arrested during the Shahrivar protests 1401;
So far, the names of 37 people have been ascertained for Kurdpa, 11 of them are women.
- 25 Shahrivar 1401- 23-year-old Zaniar Mohammadnejad, from Sanandaj and a resident of Tehran, was arrested in a protest rally in front of Kasri Hospital.
- 26 Shahrivar 1401- 40-year-old Kamiar Heydari was arrested in protest gatherings in front of Saqqez governorate.
- 26 September 1401- 22-year-old Mohammad Zabihi was arrested in protest gatherings in front of Saqqez governorate.
- 27 Shahrivar 1401- Frank Rafiei, an environmental activist, was arrested in the protest gatherings in Iqbal Square in Sanandaj and was taken to an unknown place.
- 27 Shahrivar 1401- Lotfollah Ahmadi, a civil activist and member of the “Chalchameh” mountaineering group, was arrested in Sanandaj.
- 27 September 1401- Civil activist Shahu Iqbal was arrested during the popular protests in Sanandaj on the 6th street of Bahman.
- 28 September 1401- Ribaz Rezaei, under the age of 18, was arrested during the Saqqez protests and was transferred to the prison of this city last night.
- 28 September 1401- Ribwar Kamranipour, civil activist in Marivan
- 28 September 1401- Amjad Saedi, civil activist in Marivan
- 28 September 1401- Arvin Iqbali from Paveh suffered a broken nose during the protests in Paveh and was arrested.
- 28 September 1401- 32-year-old Kaveh Amini from Bukan was arrested during the Bukan protests.
- 28 September 1401- Golareh Moradi from Paveh was arrested during the protest in Paveh city.
- 28 September 1401- Babak Ghasemi from Paveh was arrested during the protest in Paveh city.
- 28 September 1401- Peshwa Dershir, from Paveh, was arrested during the protest in Paveh city. He was released after a few hours.
- 28 September 1401- Ashna Rasouli, from Paveh, was arrested during the protest in Paveh city. He was released after a few hours.
- 28 September 1401- Abu Bakr Irandoost, from Ashnoye, was arrested following the popular strikes of Ashnoye and supporting the nationwide strike and condemning the murder of Zina.
- 28 September 1401- Bijar, the arrest of Leila Abbasi, an artist from Bijar, and transfer to an unknown place
- 28 September 1401- Bahar Zangiband, a Kurdish woman activist from Sanandaj, was arrested.
- 28 Shahrsur, 1401- Soran (Zaniar) Mohammadian, 31 years old, from Divandera, was arrested during the protest gatherings, and there is no information about his fate.
- 28 Shahrsur, 1401- 35-year-old Samko Mohammadian, Aha Diwandre, was arrested during the protest gatherings, and his fate is unknown.
- 28 September 1401- Evin Rasti, a civil activist from Marivan, was arrested at home by the security agencies without presenting a court order and was taken to an unknown place.
- 28 September 1401- Hiva Zulfi, Hamza’s son, was arrested during protest rallies and there is no information about his whereabouts.
- 28 September 1401- Momen Qureshi, 26 years old, son of Tahir and from Diwandara, was arrested during protest gatherings in this city.
- 28 September 1401- Galavizh Khakpour, a resident of Baneh, was arrested during the protest gatherings and his fate is still unknown.
- 28 September 1401- Samiye Kitabi, from Baneh, was arrested during the protest gatherings, and so far there is no information about his fate.
- 28 September 1401- Munir Mohammadi, a Kurdish female activist from Sanandaj was arrested.
- 28 September 1401- Mahro Hedayati, a female Kurdish activist from Sanandaj, was arrested.
- 28 September 1401- Azadeh Jamati, a female Kurdish activist from Sanandaj, was arrested.
- 28 September 1401- Hiva Zulfi, the son of Hamzah from Bukan, was arrested.
- 29 Shahrivar 1401- 23-year-old Khabat Visi, the son of Abdullah, from Golchiri village, who was injured during the protest rallies yesterday, was arrested by the security forces and taken to an unknown place.
- 29 Shahrivar 1401- Baran Saedi, a Kurdish woman activist, was arrested in Sanandaj. Previously, the security forces had raided his house with the intention of arresting him.
- 29 September 1401- Mohammad Parvizi, a singer from Kamiyaran, was arrested and badly beaten for participating in the gatherings of Kamiyaran yesterday. He has been in the custody of security institutions until evening.
- 29 September 1401- 36-year-old Sirvan Moradi, a Kurdish activist and poet from the village of “Lak” in Kamiyaran, was arrested after being summoned to the intelligence department, and his fate is unknown. Last night, the security forces took Virosh to his house to arrest him.
- 29 Shahrivar 1401- Goshin Mohammadian, filmmaker and women’s rights activist, was arrested in Sanandaj. He was arrested and released yesterday. He was arrested this morning by the security agencies and taken to an unknown place.
- 29 September 1401- Kaveh Karimi was arrested during the protests in Ferdowsi Street, Sanandaj.
- 29 September 1401- Amir Gholami, a known Kurdish filmmaker, was arrested following a summons to the intelligence department in Sanandaj.
- 29 September 1401- Hadi Kamangar, a civil activist from Kamiyaran, was arrested by the security forces on Tuesday, the 29th of September, in connection with the protests and strikes of September.
Detainee information based on the estimation of unnamed informed sources;
- 26 and 27 September 1401; More than 19 people were arrested during the protests and taken to Saqqez prison quarantine. Informed sources of Kurdpa in Saqqez announced that a citizen was arrested by uniformed forces in Azadi Square of this city while filming the general strike.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401-Baneh, 25 to 30 people were arrested. It is said that the protests were organized by 5 women who were arrested. Local news channels are also under a lot of pressure and have refused to publish any news related to strikes and protests, otherwise they will be dealt with seriously. In Baneh, the security institutions have pressured the people who have installed cameras in their homes to provide them with the video of the cameras and to arrest the people.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Mahabad, between 40 and 50 people were arrested during popular protests in Mahabad city.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Bukan, 7 people (3 women and 4 men) were arrested in Kurdistan Blvd.
Preparation for repression and how
People’s protests turned violent from the very beginning with the security forces and the use of shotguns, tear gas, water cannons and a large number of repressive forces, including special forces, anti-riots, private uniforms, and the bare-faced Basij of the repressive apparatus of the Islamic Republic in dealing with the people in It was on the street floor. Along with the violent repression that led to the death, arrest and wounding of a large number of people, as well as cutting off the Internet, violently threatening activists and searching their homes, the entry of “thugs”, “Josh” and “Salafi people connected to the government” as part of the repression arms from It was the planners of the suppression of the Islamic Republic.
According to Kordpa’s information, since the night before the burial of Gina’s body, the security forces were on alert in Saqqez, and after the protests against the murder of Gina continued in front of the governor’s office, the anti-riot forces clashed with the people and injured a number of people, including Kian Derakhshan. Parsa Mohammadi and Nechirvan Maroufi.
According to sources informed to Kordapa, the government sent repression forces from other cities to Saqqez and were stationed in the governorate of this city. Even in some cases, the security forces wearing Kurdish uniforms have arrested people in their private cars and taken them away.
Also, according to another informed source to Kordapa, since the beginning of the protests in Sanandaj, repressive forces with cars and anti-riot units, water sprinklers, vans carrying women in tents with veils, buses carrying armed officers with batons, filming people with Mazda cars and also Deploying “thugs” in the streets to suppress the protests.
This source also added that since the night before, about 12 anti-riot vehicles have been stationed at the Department of Education, which is close to Iqbal Square in Sanandaj (the main place of protests), and many forces have entered Sanandaj from other provinces.
On the other hand, the security forces, in contact with civil activists from Sanandaj, have severely threatened them to refrain from any participation and support in protests and strikes. Many cases have been reported to Kordapa about serious threats of “breaking the bank”, searching the homes of civil citizens and even their neighbors, threatening the families of civil activists, frequent calls to activists and threatening them, etc.
On the third day, when many other cities joined the strikes and protests, the preparations of the security institutions for repression intensified and the security atmosphere intensified. When the people entered the street, the bloody repression by the security forces began.
They also threw tear gas into people’s yards and houses in Saqez. In Sanandaj, the security forces wearing Kurdish clothes joined the protesters and arrested at least 10 people with this method. In Bukan, Kamiyaran, Mahabad and Sanandaj, trade unions and economic units were threatened by sending phone messages that they will be dealt with if they do not reopen.
This report will be updated…
tuning; Evin Mustafazadeh