Following the call of Kurdistan’s political parties and civil society, on Monday 28 Shahrivar 1401, widespread strikes took place in the cities of Saqqez, Sanandaj, Marivan, Diwandre, Piranshahr, Ashnoye, Mahabad, Dehgolan, Bukan, Baneh, Kamiyaran, Bijar, Ilam, Kermanshah and… and people closed their businesses as much as possible and announced their protest against the murder of Gina Amini.
Of course, a large number of cities including Diwandre, Saqqez, Bukan, Mahabad, Baneh, Paveh, Dehgolan, Qorveh, Sanandaj did not limit themselves to strikes and continued their protests and demands in the streets.
And of course, the cities of Saqqez and Sanandaj witnessed massive protests in the streets during the days (26th and 27th of Shahrivar).
All these reactions and events took place after the horrible murder of Gina, of course, the slogans of the protests, such as “Death to the dictator” and “Woman, life, freedom” targeted the Islamic Republic very quickly and directly.
In this report, Kordapa has tried to take a look at the strikes and protests of the last three days (26-28 September) and the government’s suppression of these protests and strikes with a statistical-informational view.
Preparation for repression and how
People’s protests turned violent from the very beginning with the security forces and the use of shotguns, tear gas, water cannons and a large number of repressive forces, including special forces, anti-riots, private uniforms, and the bare-faced Basij of the repressive apparatus of the Islamic Republic in dealing with the people in It was on the street floor. Along with the violent repression that led to the death, arrest and wounding of a large number of people, as well as cutting off the Internet, violently threatening activists and searching their homes, the entry of “thugs”, “Josh” and “Salafi people connected to the government” as part of the repression arms from It was the planners of the suppression of the Islamic Republic.
According to Kordpa’s information, since the night before the burial of Gina’s body, the security forces were on alert in Saqqez, and after the protests against the murder of Gina continued in front of the governor’s office, the anti-riot forces clashed with the people and injured a number of people, including Kian Derakhshan. Parsa Mohammadi and Nechirvan Maroufi.
According to sources informed to Kordapa, the government sent repression forces from other cities to Saqqez and were stationed in the governorate of this city. Even in some cases, the security forces wearing Kurdish uniforms have arrested people in their private cars and taken them away.
Also, according to another informed source to Kordapa, since the beginning of the protests in Sanandaj, repressive forces with cars and anti-riot units, water sprinklers, vans carrying women in tents with veils, buses carrying armed officers with batons, filming people with Mazda cars and also Deploying “thugs” in the streets to suppress the protests.
This source also added that since the night before, about 12 anti-riot vehicles have been stationed at the Department of Education, which is close to Iqbal Square in Sanandaj (the main place of protests), and many forces have entered Sanandaj from other provinces.
On the other hand, the security forces, in contact with civil activists from Sanandaj, have severely threatened them to refrain from any participation and support in protests and strikes. Many cases have been reported to Kordapa about serious threats of “breaking the bank”, searching the homes of civil citizens and even their neighbors, threatening the families of civil activists, frequent calls to activists and threatening them, etc.
On the third day, when many other cities joined the strikes and protests, the preparations of the security institutions for repression intensified and the security atmosphere intensified. When the people entered the street, the bloody repression by the security forces began.
They also threw tear gas into people’s yards and houses in Saqez. In Sanandaj, the security forces wearing Kurdish clothes joined the protesters and arrested at least 10 people with this method. In Bukan, Kamiyaran, Mahabad and Sanandaj, trade unions and economic units were threatened by sending phone messages that they will be dealt with if they do not reopen.
The number of people killed in the protests of Shahrivar 1401;
Based on what Kordapa has been able to confirm so far, during the protests, three people were killed by direct fire from the security forces in the cities of Diwandara, Saqqez and Dehgolan.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Mohsen Mohammadi, the son of Khalifa Massoud, died in one of the hospitals of Sanandaj due to the severity of his injuries during the protest gatherings in the city of Diwandara. His body was buried at three o’clock in the morning on 29 September without a ceremony due to the obstruction of the security institutions.
- 28 September 1401- Reza Lotfi was shot dead during the protests in Dehgolan.
- 28 September 1401- Fereydoun Mahmoudi, from Saqqez, died during the Saqqez protests. He was also buried at night without holding a ceremony due to the obstruction of the security institutions.
The statistics of the wounded in the protests of Shahrivar 1401;
It is not possible to obtain accurate statistics of the injured because many people refuse to publish the details of the injured person in order to avoid identification and arrest. However, based on the intensity of violence in dealing with protesters and the widespread use of firearms and war weapons in some cities such as Diwandara, it is very likely that the number of injured is very high.
In this report, Kordpa has used accurate statistics as well as estimated statistics from informed sources. According to informed sources in Kordpa, hospitals and clinics are filled with security forces and personal clothes, and people cannot go there for treatment. Even the security agencies have monitored hospitals and private offices.
- 25 September 1401- Parsa Sehat, son of Hajar and Anwar, 22 years old and a hairdresser, was wounded by a bullet shot near his shop and was seriously injured in the eye and nose area and was taken to Tabriz hospital.
- 25 September 1401- Kian Derakhshan was injured in the gatherings in front of the governor’s office and was taken to Tabriz hospital due to the severity of his injuries.
- 25 September 1401- Nechirvan Maroufi was injured in the gatherings in front of the governor’s office and was taken to Tabriz hospital due to the severity of his injuries.
- 28 September 1401- Fawad al-Gadi, Abdullah’s son, was seriously injured during the protest gatherings in Diwandara city and is in the intensive care unit.
- 28 September 1401- Ehsan Ghafouri from Dehgolan was severely injured in the kidney area and is hospitalized in Sanandaj Hospital.
- 28 September 1401- Zana Karimi from Diwandara was injured during the protest rallies in this city and is in critical condition in Sanandaj hospital.
- 28 September 1401- Wafa Mirzaei from Dehgolan was seriously injured by a security forces bullet and due to the severity of his injuries, he will be sent to Tehran from Kausar Sanandaj Hospital.
- 28 September 1401- The wounding of a 10-year-old child (girl) in Bukan, the video of which has been published in cyberspace.
- 28 September 1401- Injuring of a middle-aged woman in Mahabad, the video of which was widely published in cyberspace.
The information of the injured by the estimation of informed sources without names;
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Saqqez, on this day, more than 50 people were injured in the square (Helu) during the protests. According to an informed source, including the statistics of the last two days, the number of injured people in Saqez is 100.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Earlier Kordapa had reported that 20 people were injured in the popular protests in Mahabad city. According to an informed source, 10 of the injured have publicly referred to medical centers, but the number is much higher.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- 4 people were injured in Kamiyaran, an informed source told Kordapa that one of the injured was Idris Faizi, a resident of Kalate village and a resident of Kamiyaran.
- 28 September 1401-Baneh, between 20 and 25 people are injured. that most of the shots were fired by the assigned forces known as “Jash” and Basij and Salafi people attributed to the government.
Kordapa is trying to get the number of injured in other cities of Diwandara, Takab, Qorveh, Dehgolan, Sanandaj, etc.
The statistics of those arrested during the protests of Shahrivar 1401;
So far, the names of 19 people have been identified for Kurdpa, five of whom are women (Tehran 1, Saqqez 3, Sanandaj 5, Marivan 2, Paveh 5, Bukan 1, Ashnoye 1, Bijar 1). The names of these detainees are as follows.
- 25 Shahrivar 1401- 23-year-old Zaniar Mohammadnejad, from Sanandaj and a resident of Tehran, was arrested in a protest rally in front of Kasri Hospital.
- 26 Shahrivar 1401- 40-year-old Kamiar Heydari was arrested in protest gatherings in front of Saqqez governorate.
- 26 September 1401- 22-year-old Mohammad Zabihi was arrested in protest gatherings in front of Saqqez governorate.
- 27 Shahrivar 1401- Frank Rafiei, an environmental activist, was arrested in the protest gatherings in Iqbal Square in Sanandaj and was taken to an unknown place.
- 27 Shahrivar 1401- Lotfollah Ahmadi, a civil activist and member of the “Chalchameh” mountaineering group, was arrested in Sanandaj.
- 27 September 1401- Civil activist Shahu Iqbal was arrested during the popular protests in Sanandaj on the 6th street of Bahman.
- 28 September 1401- Ribaz Rezaei, under the age of 18, was arrested during the Saqqez protests and was transferred to the prison of this city last night.
- 28 September 1401- Ribwar Kamranipour, civil activist in Marivan
- 28 September 1401- Amjad Saedi, civil activist in Marivan
- 28 September 1401- Arvin Iqbali from Paveh suffered a broken nose during the protests in Paveh and was arrested.
- 28 September 1401- 32-year-old Kaveh Amini from Bukan was arrested during the Bukan protests.
- 28 September 1401- Golareh Moradi from Paveh was arrested during the protest in Paveh city.
- 28 September 1401- Babak Ghasemi from Paveh was arrested during the protest in Paveh city.
- 28 September 1401- Peshwa Dershir, from Paveh, was arrested during the protest in Paveh city. He was released after a few hours.
- 28 September 1401- Ashna Rasouli, from Paveh, was arrested during the protest in Paveh city. He was released after a few hours.
- 28 September 1401- Abu Bakr Irandoost, from Ashnoye, was arrested following the popular strikes of Ashnoye and supporting the nationwide strike and condemning the murder of Zina.
- 28 September 1401- Bijar, the arrest of Leila Abbasi, an artist from Bijar, and transfer to an unknown place
- 28 September 1401- Bahar Zangiband, a Kurdish woman activist from Sanandaj, was arrested.
- 29 Shahrivar 1401- Baran Saedi, a Kurdish woman activist, was arrested in Sanandaj. Previously, the security forces had raided his house with the intention of arresting him.
Detainee information based on the estimation of unnamed informed sources;
- 26 and 27 September 1401; More than 19 people were arrested during the protests and taken to Saqqez prison quarantine. Informed sources of Kurdpa in Saqqez announced that a citizen was arrested by uniformed forces in Azadi Square of this city while filming the general strike.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401-Baneh, 25 to 30 people were arrested. It is said that the protests were organized by 5 women who were arrested. Local news channels are also under a lot of pressure and have refused to publish any news related to strikes and protests, otherwise they will be dealt with seriously. In Baneh, the security institutions have pressured the people who have installed cameras in their homes to provide them with the video of the cameras and to arrest the people.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Mahabad, between 40 and 50 people were arrested during popular protests in Mahabad city.
- 28 Shahrivar 1401- Bukan, 7 people (3 women and 4 men) were arrested in Kurdistan Blvd.
This report will be updated…
tuning; Evin Mustafazadeh